Thursday, September 6, 2007

The last three weeks

I'm thinking of changing the title and focus of this blog. Don't know just what or how yet.



I have been working on commissions for the last three weeks. Have completed two paintings that are 48"x48" each that are going to California and today I will finish up on a 32"x32" painting to go in a new hospital in Austin. I'd love to start on my new series today. We'll see how things go.

I woke up early this morning and went out to my studio while it was still dark to work on my newsletter some more. I discovered that I was doing things wrong and that my first attempt did not go out at all. I finally got it out today and hope the response to it will be good. Part of my problem is an old computer.



Two days from now, Sat., Sept. the 8th, is my show opening at the Russell Collection Gallery in Austin and I am excited about the show. It will be 4 women artists, Jill Pankey, Vicki McMurray, and Kathrine Watts Martinez. From the responses I am getting it will be really well attended even though it is on a University of Texas home football game night. Being UT EXs we will tape the game and watch it later and hope no one at the show tells us the score. Six paintings of mine from the show have already sold and there have been good sales for the other women as well. They are all very accomplished. I haven't seen the show up yet but my husband, Frank, went by the gallery yesterday and said it looks smashing. It is so exciting to walk in the gallery and see your paintings that have been in the studio for weeks hung in a gallery setting and with gallery lighting. I will try to remember to take my camera.

I am meeting a couple of collectors who are going to the game early at the gallery and then Frank and I are having an early dinner with a dozen friends before the show. I'll give a report on my next blog.
Max
www.maxineprice.com

No comments: